:)

:)

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Coconut oil






Why have I never heard of or used coconut oil? This stuff is awesome... Ok it sounds amazing, I am still in the process of figuring out how to use this stuff. I just recently heard about how this stuff is really good for your hair, nails, skin and a bunch of other cool things.



Earlier this week, I went on a search for coconut oil and it didn't take me very long (thanks to my friend, Lauren) I got this jar from Target in the cooking section (the aisle with the oils) and it was around $5-$6. To me, this was a steal. After buying some oil, I started to do some research on different uses for coconut oil. The uses are never ending, coconut oil can do ANYTHING. So last night, I decided to try it for my hair. Coconut oil can be great for conditioner, taming your frizz, and helping you hair to grow long and healthy. Coconut oil's state of matter depends on the temperature of the environment it is in. (I sound all sciency don't I... don't be fooled though) If it is cold, the oil will be a solid. If it is warm, it will be liquidy. I guess my house was cold because it was solid! But no worries, it takes very little heat for it to turn into a liquid. Here are the steps I took in using this as a hair mask.

Step 1:


Get some of the oil in your hands. It took awhile for me to figure out how to scoop it out and to melt it. Try and get a big glob and hold in in your palms and rub in around until it is warm and a liquid. I would suggest wearing some old clothes or a towel around your neck and shoulders, learn from my mistake ;) it gets very very messy and greasy 





Step 2:

Start massaging the oil into your roots and at the crown of your head. Slowly start moving down to the ends of your hair, making sure that you get every part of your hair. It sounds very gross and greasy... and I am here to tell you that, you are exactly right. It is gross and greasy. But hey a good part is that it doesn't have a smell! :) just some encouraging words for ya








Step 3:

Get all of your nasty greasy hair up on top of your head, I put mine up in a bun! Leave it in for a few hours or even over night. I left mine in over night, in a head towl (turbie twist)










I also used this as a makeup remover/moisturizer for my face. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It took off all of my makeup quite fast but my face was left feeling greasy. (but let's keep in mind, I am not a huge face washer. I have never had an oily face by any means. I have had a few pimples in my life but no acne or anything like that so I have never really washed my face so i'm not a pro at washing the face wash or coconut oil off my face so maybe that's why I was left feeling greasy) I am planning on trying this again a few more times to see if my opinion changes! I also plan on trying it as a deoderant, help my cuticles, dry skin, and a few others. If you have any more ways that you use coconut oil, let me know! Also, if you try any of the methods tag me on instagram, facebook, or twitter because I want to see!! 



Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment