:)

:)

Saturday, January 17, 2015

I No Longer Dread The Winter



If you are like me, your hair does not let your forget when the winter season is upon us. When it starts getting cold outside my hair starts to drive me up the wall. If you have hair like mine that is long, straight, and thin you probably know exactly what I am talking about. I struggle to keep my hair down for a full day because it gets very stringy and staticy. It drives me literally insane. Does this happen to anyone else? I asked my sister about it and she said that her hair does not get this way and I am so jealous. When I was in high school, I know all the girls kept drier sheets in their pockets to help, and also putting lotion in your hair helps but I wanted a long lasting solution. I have put it off for years, but I just got so fed up with it lately that I went to Ulta to see what they would say.

It took awhile for me to find a consultant that knew what I was talking about. I was very anxious to spend tons of money on products that I am trying. What if I spent $20-$30 on a bottle of something and it totally does not work? I'm so cheap and the thought of that made me very anxious. I know I'm weird. Anyways, the ladies there were so helpful. When I was asking about if they had smaller bottles of the products, they pointed me right to the cheaper and smaller products. Also they mentioned that if these products did not work that I could return them and try something else. I was shocked. Anyways, I found some products that I found and I want to share my secret with you. 

The first product they led me to was
Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. This product is amazing. I think this product has made the biggest difference. After getting out of the shower, you towel dry your hair then your spray this leave in conditioner on your roots and the rest of your hair. Then you brush your hair and go on with your normal routine. After spraying this in my hair, I instantly knew there was a difference. My hair did not have many tangles and it just felt all around cleaner. 

I have very very silky smooth hair, everyone is always complimenting it but it is annoying because my hair holds no curl, and no style whatsoever. I envy girls who can just pull their hair up in bobby pins and it stays because their hair is more rough and not as silky as mine. Mine just slides right on out the bobby pins. This product added lots of texture to my hair. At first, I was a little turned off by that because I felt like it made my hair feel dirty since I was use to it being extra silky after I showered. Now, I enjoy the added texture! 


The next product was Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hair Spray. I do not know exactly what this does as a moisture barrier. They tried to explain to be that the ions in my hair are low because its cold and so that is why it gets staticy. Who knows, they know what they were talking about and this product was only $1.99 so I was all for it. After drying my hair, I spray this on my brush then run it through my hair. Easy enough right?


These are just the things I have found that has helped my static go away in my hair. I have also thought about trying new shampoo and conditioners, but I'm not sure. What do you do to contain your frizz ball in the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment